Quite simply, we are the fundraising arm for Bowmanville Hospital. For the past 45 years, the Foundation has inspired the community to help care for capital improvements and essential medical equipment needs for Bowmanville Hospital. Your gift to the Bowmanville Hospital Foundation stays in Clarington.
The Foundation works closely with hospital leadership, as well as our doctors, nurses and health care teams to ensure that your gift makes an impact on the lives of patients visiting Bowmanville Hospital.
Bowmanville Hospital Foundation (formerly Memorial Hospital Foundation – Bowmanville), was founded in 1976 to support the easternmost hospital of Lakeridge Health.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that your gift is used effectively and efficiently right here at Bowmanville Hospital.
Mission, Vision and Values
Enhance donor relationships to fund hospital projects and equipment not supported by the government.
Inspire exceptional giving through a legacy of philanthropy.
- We are accountable to our community.
- We embrace diversity and perspectives.
- We value collaboration and partnerships.
- We foster innovative philanthropy and learning.
- We cherish our donors, volunteers and staff.
- Foster a culture of community-based philanthropy to reach our campaign goals.
- Expand our community reach and profile.
- Elevate our organizational excellence.
- Raise the community share of the capital costs of the redevelopment and expansion project.
- $5 million annually after the capital campaign starting in the fiscal year 2025 – 2026.